Search This Blog

Friday, April 2, 2010

Don't Run Away

I do not like pain--not in any way, shape or form.

Sacrifice is not my friend.

At the least obstacle, my natural tendency would definitely be to run away from trouble--take a nap, play another video game, eat another serving of mac and cheese, read another book. ANYTHING as long as it distracts me for at least a little while. Then I can pretend that the problem really does not exist.

Benedict reminds me that I am not to look for distractions in life. I signed up to SEEK GOD not the next pleasurable experience. Seeking God requires that I tackle some unpleasantness sometimes. Sometimes I need to change my life, sometimes I need to confront issues. I might be called upon to be there with someone in pain. In all this, I am to be my fullest self possible for the other.

May God help me to see where I would rather run away. May God help me to grow in integrity and compassion.

Sr. Catherine, OSB

No comments:

Post a Comment