Search This Blog

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Proper Use of Authoriry

For me, one of the hardest aspects of authority is communication and equality issues. I strive always to be clear and fair in my communication and decision making (sometimes to the point of examining an issue to death). My concern is to make sure that I am not speaking from hidden motives. I long to be a person of integrity.

Being the oldest in my family, I had many opportunities to exercise my leadership and responsibility skills. I learned to use various different approaches to help others see where there is benefit to compromise and dialogue. I have increased my tolerance and patience over the years. Where I would have yelled or cried when I was younger, I have now learned to take many of these issues to prayer or to a wise friend. I am still far from an expert at this--but I hope to become more skilled in this art daily.

Sr. Catherine, OSB

No comments:

Post a Comment