Search This Blog

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Traveling Monastics

I love to travel and have done much of it recently. My most recent trip was to Benet Hill Monastery in Colorado Springs for a regional treasurers meeting.

Although I gain much from my experiences away, I am always grateful to return home to my community and to my normal routine. I have found that monastic communities come in a variety of flavors. The essentials are the same--prayer, the Rule, community living--but each community puts it's own mark through their interpretation of the Rule.

In my travels, I am continually reminded of what first drew me to our community--what that specialness was for me. And after 25 years, I am still called to our community in new and varied ways.

May my fidelity to our monastic way of life continue to grow daily.

Sr. Catherine, OSB

No comments:

Post a Comment