Search This Blog

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Let What Happens Outside...Stay Outside

I do a fair amount of traveling outside the Monastery for various projects with which I am involved. Traveling sounds glamourous and exotic and exciting. I, personally, love to travel. There are times though when the journey can get long and wearisome (especially since long flight delays, lost luggage or car problems may be involved). And although I do love to see new places and have new experiences, there comes a time when the only place I want to be is HOME.

Benedict advises that it is best or wiser to leave some of the experiences of travel on the road rather than bring them into the community. No one really wants to hear of the trauma of going through Security at the airport or how long the shuttle ride was on my last journey. If I want to share anything about my trip maybe just a summary of what I learned and my gratitude for being home is sufficient.

Sr. Catherine, OSB

No comments:

Post a Comment