Search This Blog

Monday, April 12, 2010

Seeking God / Monastic Vows

Seeking God

In assessing whether to accept a person into community, Benedict places the novice's desire to seek God and God's will in their life. There is also an expectation tbat the newcomer will grow into a deeper desire for union but the initial potential must exist.

I am grateful for the initial desire that brought me to monastic life. May I continue to grow in that desire.

Sr. Catherine, OSB

MON

Monastic Vows

Obedience, stability, conversion are the three monastic vows.

Obedience invites me to listen to God's voice in my life--in Scripture, in others, in daily life. I need to be open to God's call.

Stability gives me the freedom to build relationships and share freely with others. I am reminded to be faithful and singlehearted in seeking God.

Conversion encourages me to keep growing and maturing in God's love. I am not perfect yet.

Sr. Catherine, OSB

No comments:

Post a Comment