Search This Blog

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Obeying Life

Just when life seems to be planned cozily (just the way I wanted it), there always seems to be something that gets in the way. I prefer life on my terms because then I know what is coming next. Unfortunately, that rarely seems to give God the space needed to interrupt my seemingly perfect life with a bit of grace.

Today I am reminded that part of living life fully calls for an openness to God's intervention daily. It could come in the form of the hurting co-worker, the grieving family member or the ill teammate that needs an extra few minutes in my already crowded life. I have found that it is these encounters that present God to me in various forms.

May I always be alert for God's face in my daily life.

Sr. Catherine, OSB

No comments:

Post a Comment