Search This Blog

Monday, April 26, 2010

Stretching Towards the Impossible

I like to believe that I am pretty self-aware and know my gifts and my limitations well. I have realized in community and in other group situations that I am not always the best judge of my capabilities. Many of the things that I thought were impossible when I first entered community, I have discovered I enjoy doing more things than I thought I would.

When asked to do something out of my normal comfort zone, I have learned to take time to pray about things before giving a definite answer. This allows me the time I need to get comfortable with the idea, at least. I have learned that that little bit of trust in another's wisdom gives me the freedom to grow and see new aspects of myself. I am still free to question and discuss the new proposal be I usually find a fuller life in being open to new possibilities.

May I continue to grow daily.

Sr. Catherine, OSB

No comments:

Post a Comment