Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Gifts, Presents and Other Things

I am constantly amazed how quickly possessions can accumulate many times without my noticing them proliferate. I do not necessarily need lots of things around to make me happy or keep me entertained. I am into pens, markers, paper clips and yarns (for knitting hats)--all things that seem to multiply and have a life of their own without me noticing very much.

I do try to remember to pass on and share things with others when possible. With my yarns, for example, although I have tons of different yarn balls and enjoy working with various textures I distribute the hats I make with the material as quickly as possible with the homeless population in town. I find that as a way of enjoying myself, relaxing and sharing my gifts with others.

Benedict warns against the accumulation of possessions for the sake of gathering things that I own. It is more beneficial to look for ways to share from the bounty that I possess.

Sr. Catherine, OSB

No comments:

Post a Comment