Search This Blog

Monday, August 16, 2010

Contaminating Others

Instead, he should be politely told to depart, lest his wretched ways contaminate others. (RB80.61.7)

Our attitudes and habits can be contagious for good or ill. If I am in a horrible mood where nothing seems to be going right in the world, it is easy to share some of my misery with others--my co-workers, my clients, my students, my relatives, my friends.

Afterall, isn't it just being honest and being myself to complain to everybody in sight? If something is wrong, shouldn't everyone know about it?

What I find is that I can quickly move on with my life--after sharing my misery with others. I forget quickly. The people I infected with my pain though don't usually recover as fast. Many times others are still suffering well after I have moved on to something else.

Am I being mindful of the damage that my habits and attitudes can cause?

Sr. Catherine, OSB

No comments:

Post a Comment