Search This Blog

Thursday, August 19, 2010

First in Respect

They should each try to be the first to show respect to the other (Rom. 12:10)

Benedict uses this short verse from Paul's letter to the Romans to emphasize the attitude that should exist within the community--between members. Benedict knew that many are competitive by nature and strive to be first...so why not try to be the first at showing others respect (in treating them as Christ).

That is an appealing concept to me since I love being noticed for my accomplishments and am always looking for new ways to excel in life. How about trying to win the gold medal in showing care and respect to others? That sounds live a goal to strive for--one that would take daily practice and lots of work.

What are some ways in which I can show respect to my friends, teammates, coworkers today?

Sr. Catherine, OSB

No comments:

Post a Comment