Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Only Beginners

Are you hastening toward your heavenly home? Then with Christ's help, keep this little rule we have written for beginners. RB80.73.8

Just when I am getting to the end and can see the finish line, Benedict says that this is only the beginning. He has to be kidding!!! I have just finished going through the Rule for the third time this year--surely I'm getting close to the end.

But no, as I look toward tomorrow I know that our community will start reading from the Prologue, yet again, as we do every four months. This can seem very discouraging--doing it over and over and over again with no end in sight. It can also provide me with insight and hope for the future. I never have to worry about getting it just right--I just have to be concerned with doing the next thing. That makes life simpler.

As we begin a new reading of the Rule, may I always remember God's call to listen, be open to all and to share God's love.

Sr. Catherine, OSB

No comments:

Post a Comment