Search This Blog

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Simplicity in Life

Things tend to multiply spontaneously for me. The more I try to run from bits of paper, books, notebooks, etc. the more the pile seems to grow. For every piece of paper or other thing that I either throw out, regift, or return to its rightful place, there is always something to replace it--or various somethings. I have heard that nature abhors a vacuum but this is ridiculous.

Unfortunately, this is not only an exterior phenomenon in my life--I tend to collect interior clutter also. Things like anger, resentment, envy, and bitterness can seem to overtake ever bit of space within my mind and heart at times. I find it much easier to remember the one cross word rather than the thousand kindness that are shown to me.

How can I remove the excess negativity within my soul so that I can better reflect God's love to others?

Sr. Catherine, OSB

No comments:

Post a Comment